Friday, August 1

A Crab Race for Lizards

Bloody Buddhists.

Never met a more infuriating bunch of up-them-selves gormless smart-arses as the mob up the creek. The Daily Lameness of their self-absorbed poppycock gets me balls all grinched up in ways that leave me spleen all breathless.

I asks 'em, all friendly like, "So, whatcha think about this new phenomena called 'Darwinian Evolution'?"

They musta mistook my leaden, slug-like demeanor for some kinda literal in a Ludlow line cause I got kerned, shaved, leaded, sawed off, quoined and chased out for proof before I even knew I was part of the problem.

Before you ask a Saffron Sage anything, remember these folk live very shallow lives. They are excellent philosophers and in their native land were, no doubt, bred for their fine, woolly coats. In the military/Industrial context presented by today's complex western world, a Kevlar flack-jacket makes more sense. The Woo pack are educated, they all know a smidgen about Chucky D, but please, people, don't go down that line about sentient apes ever attaining enlightenment. (I think they thought I meant them.) (I did, in fact, but that's another horse.)

I meekly pointed out that God, Bodgydhama, Buddha, Thor and the steaming cohorts all preach that Homo Saps are "special", somehow set apart from and above the animal world. Buddhists don't squash bugs, they respect all life. They then declare that there are no cows in heaven.

"Is the intellect critical to enlightenment?" Pondered the hippy, not at all worldly in such things,
"Isn't spiritual purity enough?" Hopefully.
"I mean, Sufi have a mandala that even sheep can ride, reincarnation and all that?"
Too late I notice the weight shifting. . .

"Hippy, you are an idiot." Says the crimson cruiser.

"Buddhist, I am an ape, as are you." And I left her inspecting her left testicle.

Humans are primarily a plains ape who thrived in a temporary climate niche, where luxuries like higher intelligence can, up to a point, deliver an evolutionary advantage. We are no more sustainable than a change in the weather and, as we do carry the seeds of our own destruction, for fuck sake wear a condom.

3 comments:

Davoh said...

'Tis simple, really .. just kill the idiots and sit back comfy .. at the end of the the day, say a couple of novenas, there will be no responsibility .. no wait, that's the Roman version.

hip said...

Hosanna hey, it's settled, then--
I'll hire me up some Sicilian men

(Nifty kit, this Wombat Zen.)

Ann ODyne said...

Buddhism seems like an agreeable cult until you get into it up to the part where they believe that women are dumber than men.
So I filed them on the same shelf as the Vatican.

It's quiet here, that's nice.
Thanks for visiting my place.

peace and love ...