Saturday, June 28

Common sensibilities

Sense of sight
sense of hearing
sense of smell
sense of taste
sense of touch
and
sense of humor.

It's been a funny week for the idiot hippy. Serendipitous enlightenment, almost epiphaniacal, but more a kin to mild wonderment that I'd missed the significance of this earlier: a sense of the ridiculous.

Some people don't have one. They are a pratfall pitfall to those that do.

Started out at the GrodsGroup-wankfest and dropped some Spanish Fly into their communal tub of KY jelly, predictable results, put the squeal back into their communal rubber appliance.

"If you could read then you’d spell my name right. And no, that wasn’t a ‘classic payout’; I save those for more worthy causes. "
(WTF is "Mr. Replacement" in chatty Juvenilese?) It was the treecow. I moved on.

Bumped into my favorite Gadabout, who cheered me up no end over at the Wombat's. Davo had a post about humor . . .

and crashed and burned after a mid-air collision at the Grumpy Vet's.
How do you explain a joke to a bloke who's never had a sense of ridiculousness. Fuck knows what makes him laugh, I don't wanna be there when it does.

On top of all that I pissed in a jar in front of two gentlemen of repute.
The results duly confirmed that I was also a person of repute, so we performed the secret handshake and just like that I'm a hemp farmer, again. Almost. You can't ignore forty years of experience (dealing with corrupt officials that is -- what did you think I meant?). God bless and protect my Southern Italians. (To the flowers of Lebanon: A pox on your collective shitholes.)
New laws will allow NSW farmers to grow cannabis crops for industrial use, the state government says.

But the hemp plants will not be varieties containing any significant amount of the active substance in illicit cannabis.

The Hemp Industry Bill will allow farmers to grow hemp (cannabis sativa) for use in skin care products, paint, load-bearing masonry, insulation and as an additive to wool, Primary Industries Minister Ian Macdonald said.

Such production is already permitted in Victoria, Tasmania, Queensland, the ACT, Victoria and Western Australia.

The NSW Department of Primary Industries would work with farmers to make sure crops were only grown under a licence by applicants of good repute, Mr Macdonald said.

The licensing system would stop industrial hemp being used as a camouflage for the marijuana variety of hemp, which contains a high concentration of the illicit cannabis drug THC, he said.

"Properties growing industrial hemp will be audited and inspected regularly to identify any illicit plants or any breaches of licence conditions," Mr McDonald said.

"We will continue to work closely with NSW Police to ensure law enforcement is not compromised."

The legislation would pave the way for a potentially lucrative industrial hemp industry, providing farmers with the additional option of another fast-growing summer crop, Mr Macdonald said in a statement.

"This is a direct result of the environmentally friendly nature of industrial hemp and a perceived interest in hemp products in the market." -- AAP

If you want to mainline the future, think like a pornographer, get close up and dirty, play to mainstream stupidities. -- tOh
I've been quietly pushing for genetic testing of the low-THC hemp strains, ostensibly to check on growers who may be tempted to plant "the real thing" within pollen range of the legal crop. It's a more effective way to find any cheats. It's also a great way to get one's hands on the "Holy Grail" of wacky tobaccy - the Gnome.

I couldn't think of anything more boring than growing fiber products. In the next few years, if the boffins are as good as I think they are, my experimental sun-dried tomatoes will be available at your favorite focaccia lounge. Enjoy. :0)

3 comments:

Ann ODyne said...

You are a star.
I roared laughing at this bit thanks:

"Fuck knows what makes him laugh, I don't wanna be there when it does.

bwah ha haaaaaaa

hip said...

SSHHHsush!

(My rocket launcher's at the cleaners)

Unknown said...

🤙